Food Styling & Photography Backdrops, Workshops, Online Courses and Resources
HOW TO STYLE - FOOD, PRODUCT & STILL LIFE. Food styling and story telling with props for content creation and product/brand photography.
This 'How to style – food, product and still life' online course has been created to teach you how to compose your content like a professional stylist and then check and correct it like a product marketing expert and art director, so it not only looks balanced and beautiful but WORKS to create desire, increase sales and build loyalty for your brand.
Not heard of those roles before? On all (99.9% of) professional photo shoots there will be a stylist, photographer, art (or creative) director....
HOW TO STYLE - THE BASICS. Intro. Your essential guide to understanding style & creating a look for your brand / social media
My 'How to style - the basics' online course has been designed to help you define your brand style and build confidence in creating the food or still life content you need to succeed with your business or freelance work.In this online course I will;
- teach you the essence of style,
- share secrets and tools the pros use to make you swoon
- give you my essential food styling prop list & kit tips,
- guide you through defining your own style and
- give you the confidence to create content without getting held back by perfectionism, comparison or fear.
With these professional insights and simple exercises you will learn how important and effective it is to be true to your own creative instincts. I will guide you, step-by-step in honing a recognisable brand style, which will become your blueprint for creating beautiful content - effortlessly and confidently.
Hi all, a brief and boring post to give you more details about what going VAT registered will mean for the prices on our products and services. There's good news in there too I promise!
Our prices on photography backdrops and postage will be as follows, from the 2nd March 2020.
- Sets of 4 smaller A2 backdrops will be £38 inc VAT
- Single standard A1 photo backdrop sheets will be £20 inc VAT
- Single large A0 background sheets will be £42 inc VAT
- Mounting and sealing charge for a single faced A1 MDF board, £28
- Mounting and sealing charge for a double faced A1 MDF board, £44
Postage & Packaging
Royal Mail Standard 2nd class, for parcel tubes
- For smaller A2 backdrops only, small P&P charge £4 inc VAT (this is a reduction!)
- For orders containing A1 or A0 backdrops, medium P&P charge £6 inc VAT (£6 reduction on previous large A0 P&P price!)
Royal Mail Next day services (orders must be in by 1pm for same day dispatch), for all sheet sizes/parcels tubes
- Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm - under 1kg at £11.50 inc VAT
- Express Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9am - under 1kg at £26.50 inc VAT
Mounted board shipping
- 1st board (single or double faced) £12 inc VAT
- all extra boards (single or double faced) £10 inc VAT
- Shipping to Europe will remain the same (but may be effected when Britain has new EU trade terms.)
- Rest of World shipping will increase by around 10-15%.
Courses, workshops, styling and consultancy prices will be handled individually.
Invoices will show the VAT paid, separated out for your records. As before you will get an email order confirmation plus a printed invoice with your order, both showing the VAT charged.
Our VAT registration number will be 342136432.
We will currently be able to take the VAT off for customers in other EU countries if you have a VAT reg number. Please email if you need to discuss this.
That's all for now!
Thank you for your understanding and continued custom,
Sophie & Graham
Dark chocolate and orange blossom croissant (bread and butter) pudding recipe and food photography set up
Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog, today I'm sharing a recipe and a bit about how i shot it and the food photography set up as, like many of you, I shoot food content at home in natural light - which can be challenging in the UK!
The recipe is for a pudding i made for a family meal last weekend and shot on a new backdrop (Delia) for some quick content to promote the food photography backgrounds you'll find on this site. The pudding went down so well I am now writing up the recipe as part of my #lazytastypretty recipe collection - if its easy, looks pretty and tastes good it's a winner for me!
Quick food styling tip for boiled eggs! Charred Asparagus, Parmigiano Reggiano and Boiled Duck Egg Recipe
Hi! Asparagus season is here in the UK so I'm enjoying it A LOT at the mo. One of my favourite ways to eat it is dipped in eggs and rather fortuitously a friend dropped round some neighbours duck eggs yesterday so I have been dreaming about this lunch since then!
Skip down for the recipe below or get this for a food styling win - I had a happy accident when boiling the eggs!
I went to a middle eastern wine tasting recently and enjoyed some beautiful spiced beef and egg plant (or aubergine!) and I just couldn't get the flavour out of my head. You know, when you're thinking about what you ate somewhere days later?!
So I just had to look for a recipe for what I guessed was a Lebanese dish, and I searched 'beef and eggplant' on ckbk and this absolute belter came up from the cookbook, 'Classic Lebanese Cuisine' (more details at the end of this post!).